Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Maiden Voyage

This is the debut of my blog page, so it's probably gonna' get ugly!  The problem I have with blogging usually is that I think of "bloggers" as people with an inflated sense of self worth, that believe they have some tidbit of knowledge or information that they believe the world just cannot live without. Usually though from my excursions on the internet, I've discovered that most of the time it's simply someone just venting about whatever social icon or personality that has pissed them off lately, or someone promoting or degrading whatever political or religious pony they've decided to ride that day.

I can't promise that I will offer any insight into ending world hunger or righting the political wrongs of the world, but I can promise that I will be the "anti-blogger" to the best of my ability.   I will undoubtedly have my pet peeves to rant about, and current events to gripe/comment about, but I assure you it won't be the mindless dribble that is force fed to you via the good people of the major news outlets.  I don't know how often I'll send my morsels of foolish goodness into the unsuspecting computers of the good people of web, but I'll try to make it worth the wait.

I am going to give it  my best to brainwash the masses to my interests and way of thinking to the best of my ability like a good "blogger" should!  I'm sure there will be heavy doses of radical, "politically incorrect" opinions and ideas that I will undoubtedly convince everyone I'm right about.
The way I figure it, this is the most challenging one, the introductory edition. Kind of like the disclaimer on a product, or the endless scrawl of producers/directors/etc. at the beginning of a  movie, just necessary to get things going.

My brain is tired tonight from preparing the maiden voyage of the U.S.S Blogonnia, but rest assured and sleep easy knowing that I will return to make everything okay and right with the universe again.
So in closing, just for kicks, I'm gonna' leave you with a badass U2 song that I was actually there to see. My big brother took me to see these guys at Heinz Field, the home of my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers!  But I stray from my point...
I had written this band off as a "sell-out" band that wasn't worthy of accolades or praise, because I was upset that they changed their style during the 90's.   Then I saw this show and realized that they didn't really change, they were just adapting to the new musical environment, they did what was necessary for the growth and survival of the band so they could continue to fill stadiums and play these old songs from their youth that meant so much to them and especially US!   They did at least half of the Unforgettable Fire album and many more of their older, more hardcore fan pleasing tunes, and left the thousands of people in attendance singing along, wishing there were one more encore.

So alas I bid you farewell, and leave you with their final encore presentation of  "Bad" from the Unforgettable Fire.  You're welcome, and good night!
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXKK460Cv4g&feature=related


No comments:

Post a Comment